Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reno!!!


This summer, I'm going to be going to Reno, Nevada! I'm going to be going there because I get to fence at the US Fencing National Championships! I get to go there because I finished in 8th place at an SYC named The Sword in the Snow in New Hampshire last weekend.

I started pretty slow in my pool but I ended up finishing 8th. The fencers at SYC events are really good and come from Russia (whose coach is REALLY ANNOYING), and from Kentucky, Kansas, California, and other places. This was my first SYC medal. I'm going to another one in Virginia in February. I'm going to try to get an even better finish at that one!

1 comment:

  1. From: Kinsey Humphreys
    Dear Wes,

    That fencing is very cool and good luck on he trip and im going to South Dakota this summer. But i can't wait to see you sometime i had a lot of funn. I tried out for a traveling soccer team that goes all around Indiana and i made it and am excited about starting. But, anyway i hope you have a good rest of the year.

    Sincerly,
    Kinsey

    ReplyDelete